Land Away Double Flying Lesson
Save over 30% on this Land Away Double flying Lesson!
You’ll have the chance to experience two kinds of flying lesson in this unique adventure that allows you to act as pilot on one leg of the journey and as an observer on the second leg.
You’ll land and take off from different locations, taking it in turns with one other person to pilot the plane, and any time spent behind the controls will count towards a Private Pilot’s licence. Once you have completed both flight legs, you will be presented with a certificate confirming completion – the perfect memento for an extraordinary experience.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the airfield, you will be met by the ground crew and receive a short safety and technical briefing from a CAA experienced instructor. They will discuss the controls with you as well as the route that you will follow, then it’s ‘up, up and away’ as you take to the skies on a journey to remember.
Your flight will be shared with up to one other participant, who will take it in turns with you to be an observer and pilot. You will swap roles when you land at a different location during the flight. Once you have completed your final landing the instructor will run through a debriefing before presenting you with a certificate to take away with you.
Upon purchasing a gift experience from toxicfox.co.uk you will be sent a beautiful presentation pack in the post, this will detail the experience day purchased and how you can book in.
Included in the pack
Short safety and technical briefing
• Two flying sectors of approximately 30 minutes each
• Take on the role of an observer and pilot
• Land at one location during your flight
• Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
• Cancellation indemnity
• Minimum age: 12 (adult supervision required for under 16s on airfield premises)
• Minimum height: 5ft
• Maximum height: 6ft 2in
• Maximum weight: 17 stone (please mention when booking if you are over 16 stone)
• You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant
• You should be in reasonable health, if you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part then you must discuss this with the centre before booking
• The experience is available selected dates throughout the year. Saturdays are limited due to popularity.
• We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available.
• Disabled access varies depending on the location; please discuss this when making your booking.
• Please note – the experience is run as part of a small group.
• Please note - you may not land away for all flights as it is subject to the airfield and conditions on the day.
• Your voucher is valid for twelve months from the date of issue, kindly note that you must have booked and taken your experience before your expiry date as vouchers may not be extended beyond their expiry.
Available at the following location
• Warwickshire - Coventry
• Yorkshire - Beverley
• Lancashire - Blackpool
• Merseyside - Liverpool
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.